Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Just a Game.....

I am very sad that the 49ers lost yesterday. When we lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, they were (and I confess still are) my team.

We were there during the Joe Montana and Steve Young years, a few of the coach Bill Walsh years, all of the coach George Seifert years, watched the greats like Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, and Dwight Clark. We watched, as fans, (on TV) four of their five Superbowl games. They won every Superbowl game they were in. It was amazing. Their Superbowls were in 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, and 1994.

So yes, it's just a game, but yesterday it was so exciting, nail-biting, and such a heartbreaker.

I tend to favor teams with great quarterbacks. Both Eli Manning and Tom Brady fall into that category. So may the best team win.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone