Friday, January 20, 2012

Bird Notes

Ran at the Riparian Preserve again today. Not sure why, but there were many more birds there.

The hummingbirds have made a much stronger, noisier appearance. I have definitely seen Costa's and Anna's.

Other birds in abundance:

"Mexican" Mallard
Eurasian Collared Dove
American Avocet
Gambel's Quail
Albert's Towhee
Cattle Egret
Snowy Egret
Great Blue Heron
Curve Billed Thrasher
Green Winged Teal
American Coot
Cactus Wren
Great tailed Grackle
Sandpipers of some kind
Plovers of some kind
Lots of Canadian Geese
White crowned Sparrow
Lots of Chipping sparrows
Northern Mockingbird
Northern Cardinal

There are quite a few large white geese and I have no idea what it is. It has an orange "thing" on top of its beak. I am thinking this is a domestic goose of some kind. I can't find it in my bird app.

It's really nice here.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Gilbert, AZ