Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Running

It is great to run again. I neglected this in Mpls this winter, and also laid off to try to improve the condition of my right sacroiliac joint. But I decided that a better stretching and back exercise program was more to the point. And that is turning out to be true. Hooray!

Next to our RV park there is a newer residential development that is quite unusual. Many here in Florida are very densely built. The developers clear the land, lay out the lots and streets, and start building houses. With this one none of that happened. The whole development is like a forest preserve. One road runs through it and houses are secluded off this road at the end of their rather long driveways. They are all owner designed and built. Some are apparently right on the Myakka River. I haven't seen them except the aerial view - they are secluded. You can see only a few homes from the road.

The road is GREAT for running - no traffic! We get in to the development by climbing through a barbed wire fence - yes, naughty but apparently a lot of people have done it because it is easy. Out most of the road's distance and back is a 4.5 mile loop. Have seen numerous woodpeckers but not much else. I can hear some rustling in the bushes. I am hoping to see an alligator along one of the water channels.

Here is the road.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone