Sunday, July 22, 2012

Home again

We arrived home yesterday afternoon. The RV is in the "barn", and most of our stuff is back in Minneapolis, except my iPad which I inconveniently left in the RV! (Will get it next week)

We had a hot drive from Bozeman, MT, traveling through the Dakotas on I90 to I94. Came back in to the US near Shelby, MT on I15. BTW, the drive from Shelby to Bozeman on I15 is beautiful, following the Missouri River and then swinging slightly west through a beautiful river canyon of a name I don't remember. Stopped for lunch at a great overlook of a narrow canyon.

We had a lovely day hike near Bozeman, at Hyalite Canyon, where we hiked up to a beautiful waterfall.



Along this trail one can pass at least 10 waterfalls if you do the entire 10 mile round trip hike. Montana, North and South Dakota, and indeed, northern Minnesota are very green. No signs of the severe drought that has hit some of the mid West. That was good to see. We know that Alaska continues to be cold and wet. Getting readjusted to heat will take a few days.

Good to be back! Lots of projects to complete on the RV before our next trip in the spring!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone